I've been called to serve in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission, which will include the Laie Hawaii Temple Visitors' Center. :) Sweet huh?
I've decided to make a list of why Hawaii is the perfect mission:
1. It is stateside. And I am so glad.
2. Utah is dry and cold. Hawaii is warm and oh... my cracked knuckles are healing just thinking about being near the ocean!
3. I will be sending all of my lady friends coconut shells and grass skirts for their birthdays.
4. Pineapple is the best thing that ever happened to me.
5. I get to wear sandals. Yep. Sandals. They're required.
6. It is also required that I do not tuck in my shirt while I'm there. Don't have to tell me twice.
7. Um, it's Hawaii.
8. I was secretly hoping for a visitors' center mission. Not only do I have a temple in my mission, but serving there is part of my mission. YES.
9. I know I already said this, but I LOVE humidity. I'm so excited to have soft hair and skin. Ah. So good.
10. Maybe I will get a tan?
11. I never would have guessed Hawaii, but I am so, so pleased. :) It just fits. And I love it.
There is a video of me opening my call on facebook, though I will be sure to post one on here at some point as well.