Monday, November 23, 2009

Reality... Will Not Set In

Don't be jealous... actually, it's gorgeous. Yeah, be jealous.


So it's super easy for me to tell people I've been called to Hawaii. It's easy for me to tell them how perfect of a mission I think it is, how excited I am, and how right it feels.

But I don't know that it's hit me that I'm actually serving a mission. That I'm actually going to go to Hawaii for 18 months and teach people what I've been learning my whole life and am still learning. I feel like the Gospel is a process- like you're on a path and each step builds on the last. I feel like being a missionary I won't be like, "Here look at me on this sure knowledge I have!" It'll be like, "I like this path- want to try it?" I mean, don't get me wrong. I have a pretty solid testimony, and I won't tell investigators this might be worth it- I know it is. It's just mildly nerve racking is all.

A girl in my ward has a friend who is serving in my mission right now, and she keeps a blog. I've heard of a lot of people doing that actually, so I may just hand the password to this blog over to my mom, and have her post my letters here. Anyway- reading her blog was crazy. It was really cool and it sounds like she's having a good time, but I can already tell I am in for a treat. Full of surprises and challenges and bonuses I hadn't thought of. Like cockroaches. There are cockroaches in Hawaii. Of course there are. And geckos. And regular interviews with the mission president and I'll have companions from all over the world... this is for real. This is the real deal right here. I am going on a mission and ah... it will be crazy.

But alas, back to school, back to writing stupid papers... only a couple more weeks and then I'll be home in Idaho until my mission. Loco.


3 comments:

Emily Juliet Ainian said...

Cockroaches are the worst... alas, I just realized I am going to really miss you Caitlan. :(

Arbor said...

This is exactly how I feel!!! I talk about the call a lot and get excited about the mish...but I still can't believe that I will actually be going. Eventually you'll just be there and it will be reality! And awesome!

Elena said...

Woo-hoo!! That has got to be the GREATEST mission call ever! Best of luck and congrats to you!!!

Mele Kalikimaka


Make your own Countdown Clocks