Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

I've decided to observe Lent this year. I tried telling my sister that I was celebrating Lent, but, it is not something you celebrate, it is to be observed and respected. I am observing Lent this year.

I don't know a lot about catholicism, but Lent seems like kind of a cool idea. I mean, it is fasting in a sense, right? And being LDS, I do that once a month anyway. But Lent is different. A) It's 40 days. B) You get to choose from what (or whom really) you fast.

I've decided on a health oriented Lent. Since a mission pretty much takes care of everything else I could give up, (cell phone, ipod, laptop, pants...) I'm giving up unhealthy foods. Not just sugar, but fast food and the like. I contemplated giving up a person, but once again, the mission makes it so I can give up everyone! However, if I were not going on a mission, I think my Lent sacrifice would be quite different.

So- here's to observing Lent! Happy Ash Wednesday everybody!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha "Happy Ash Wednesday"!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

P.S. I just realized my post for today and this one go very nicely together.

deola said...

nice blog!

Naresh Jain said...

mcx tips and financial astrology company in india team marketprophecy
tips And Financial Astrology

nse tips

Equity Tips Stock Cash Calls said...


hiii I am stock tips provider,

Nice article. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m
quite impressed! Very useful information. Great Post and very good articles.
You are doing very good job, keep posting articles. I will suggest all my
friends to go this post. Thanks
Intraday tips

BASRI YUDIANTO said...

nice blog.
very nice post, article useful, visit here

Unknown said...

Nice blog.Thanks for sharing....
Please check out my site href="http://www.passwordhelp.co.uk/hotmail_forgot_password.html

Mele Kalikimaka


Make your own Countdown Clocks