Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quite the Week

So this week was pretty crazy- Monday was the first day of the new semester and I've been pretty much living in the library ever since! With a few exceptions, though-:)

Wednesday night I was in the library for only two hours- a short time- and then went to a Vocal Point show with some of the girls from Laurie's floor and Danner, Laurie's brother. The girls who sang did an excellent job, in my opinion, and overall it was pretty fun.

Thursday Danner helped me with my Italian homework and I began to realize that this class, though it is my most entertaining, is also going to be my most difficult this semester. I keep getting it confused with French and the small bits of Spanish I know! But language classes are good for making friends, my teacher is really cool, and how awesome is Italian?!

Friday was pretty much insane. After my classes, I went grocery shopping with Haylie to get things for our Ugly Sweater Party that night. As soon as we finished, my friend Colin picked me up and with Jessie, Jordan, and Kaylie, we made another ugly sweater run to DI. After our purchases, Kaylie, Haylie, and I were baking and cleaning and getting ready for the party. At 9, haha on time surprisingly, people started showing up! Definitely a markedly better turnout than our Halloween party, the Ugly Sweater party ended up being a non-stop dance party from 9 to midnight! Here's a few pictures from the madness-


Dance Party


Haha this is my friend Jared, definitely one of my favorite people ever.


I can't even explain.


Haha that would be me, dancing like a crazy person.

Saturday was yet another fun filled day. Another victorious basketball game, this time against Colorado State, started out the afternoon. This time, Sarah, Laurie, and I showed up early enough to be pretty close to the court, so that made the game pretty exciting. Right after the game, Haylie and I had dinner, and then met Kaylie for a Young Ambassadors show. I have to say- for the first part of the show I wondered why I was there. They're a talented group, but, hm- well, it just wasn't my favorite kind of entertainment. After the intermission, however, the group started performing songs from musicals and did a pretty good job. Overall, it was a good show.

Today was my first day in my new ward. Things went pretty well, and I'm really glad I was lucky enough to already have a lot of friends in my ward. Well, here's to another crazy week!

7 comments:

Ann-Michelle said...

i looked at the pictures before reading why you were dressed like that- i was starting to look for brightly colored afghans and handmade doll dresses- your sweater made me think of a nursing home. then i saw that you did it on purpose and felt like i still know who you are!

Caitlan said...

Hahahah you thought it was just a regular party? Haha that doesn't say too much about my regular clothes.

Emily said...

Caitlan, your blog reminds me of what it was like to be young! Awwwwwwww-- and p.s. I LOVE your sweater!

Elise said...

YAY! What a fun idea-- I may have to copy... I think I'm going to have a "Can't Buy Me Love" party-- did you ever see that movie? Young Patrick Dempsey...mmmm...

Elise said...

Also-- the red striped sweater? Not that bad. Maybe I'm only getting back views though...

Caitlan said...

No you're right. I bought it for two dollars because it reminded me of Where's Waldo, and Lauren only wanted the sweater part of the ugly sweater party.

Kim said...

Hey, that sweater looks just like the one I wore yesterday.

Mele Kalikimaka


Make your own Countdown Clocks