The rules of the game should be posted at the beginning of the post. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. (Unfortunately, I can't really tag people Elise hasn't already)
1. I'm brandist (a word I made up to explain to people why I won't buy certain things). I don't know why- maybe it's something I picked up from living in Lake Stevens with all those upper class people, but there are certain brands I will not buy. Even with groceries- my roommates all know I have a strict rule against Western Family. I hate it and will not buy it unless no other brand is offered. Ridiculous, I know, but I won't. Often times if there's something I want, and it's not available, I will go without before I will buy the (usually cheaper) version of a different brand. I'm not quite sure what it is and I know it's silly, but I have very distinct preferences when it comes to brands.
2. I LOVE photobooths. Every time I go to the mall, I am secretly keeping an eye out for a photobooth. They're just so fun! Maybe it's the instantaneous hard copy of a picture or the spontanaeity (spelling?) or probably both, but if you're ever with me and we see a photobooth, don't be surprised if we end up taking advantage of such an opportunity. (they even accept credit/debit cards now- so great!)
3. I like to be teased and I like to tease. I actually enjoy being around person more if they tease me and can handle being teased back. The people I have most fun with are those who will openly point out silly/stupid things I'm doing or will laugh if I tell them how ridiculous they are. People do dumb stuff all the time and I think- if there's an opportunity to laugh, you should take it.
4. This may be kind of needless for the people who read this, but I love to tell stories. My mom can definitely attest to hearing many drawn-out sagas about something that occured in the space of maybe a few minutes. These tales are usually about things that happened with a boy I like, and so I feel it's important that my listener fully understand the importance of the way he looked at me, where we were and how great it was that we were both there, how many times he laughed... you get the point. Maybe it's that I want them to be as excited as I am, or maybe it's that I just like to talk about myself. It is both, but the weight of the latter reason is more than I'd like to admit.
5. I don't really like jewelry. Or shoes. Or purses. I know- what kind of girl am I? I will admit to having a few of these things that I do love- like Kristie gave me some earrings a while back that are perfect! They're little silver hoops and I wear them quite often. They're simple and classy and add a nice touch. Shoes- I have some that I am quite attached too, but those would be my running shoes, my "couch" shoes, and my Keens. None of which are very feminine though. And Elise gave me a purse that I love! The point that I'm trying to make- I would never go shoe shopping unless I was desperate. I would never go purse shopping. I actually didn't have one till Elise gave it to me, and I remember thinking, "Hey this is actually a really good idea." The only times I've ever shopped for jewelry were the days before a formal dance, and even what I picked out is simple and silver. The aformentioned pair of earrings is the only pair I own. However, I do have an abundance of shirts and jackets. Perhaps I haven't betrayed the female race after all.
6. I love concerts. I may be selective in the type of music I purchase, but any genre of live music is usually impressive to me. (Though perhaps I should mention a few cheap shows Natalie, Nina, and I attended junior year that were certainly not impressive. But $5 for some middle/high school bands and something to laugh about with my friends later- I'll take it) I also like to listen to music more than I like watching movies.
Well- there you go! I don't have anyone to tag! But if you read this and feel inspired, consider yourself tagged.:)
Men are Trash
9 months ago