Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Thing I Realized about my Blog

First would be the fact that when titling it, I still struggle with the concept of what should be capitalized and what should not. Does it fall under poetic license? Perhaps. But I know there is also a grammar rule.

I also noticed that instead of writing something and then supplementing it with a picture or two, my blogs are more focused on pictures, and a couple words explaining what happened. Maybe this dates back to my days of yearbook staff, where I felt that students would be much more interested in a picture of the sport or club they were in than some stupid story written by a journalist who'd never participated. I think a picture is more attention-grabbing than a set of copy. I also love pictures and the cool things you can do with them. On the other hand, something can be said for writing. I love to say things in funny or intelligent ways. That's what is so fun about writing I think-- how you can say something in such a more flowery manner than would be appropriate in just speaking. For as far back as I can remember, I've gone through phases of favorite words. As of late, my favorite is the word 'ensued.' Haha I also like to say 'as of late.'

I've been told I would make a good writer, and perhaps someday I will pursue that. As for now, well I don't really know what I'm doing. I think kids know what they want to do their whole life until we come to college and it's actually time to decide. Instead of "I'm going to be a pediatrician/child psychologist/marriage and family counselor," it's become "Hmm... well that has always been interesting to me. I really don't know... I think it sounds fun, but I really don't know..." Perhaps this means I should explore my options more fully, I don't know. Or maybe it's that now that I can actually do something about my decision, the dream is becoming a reality, and the chance to truly become something is intimidating and I've lost some confidence. Who knows. But I should probably get back to my psychology homework. ;)

1 comment:

Elise said...

Don't stress-- you're only a freshman. You don't have to declare a major yet... just take some interesting classes and you'll find which subjects suit you best. And you are a good writer.

Mele Kalikimaka


Make your own Countdown Clocks